I often think about things that I can do now or will able to do in the near future - now that I am on the healthy and more "narrow" track. ;) Some things I think about are driven by happy memories, some bad. In any case, here are my top ten things (in no particular order) I look forward to as I approach my goal:
1. No more plus-sized stores or clothes!
2. Being able to ride roller coasters again!
3. Sitting in lawn chairs without fear of them breaking!
4. Swimming in a public pool without a cover-up!
5. Being in shape and able to keep up with the kids!
6. Running - any distance - without keeling over!
7. Being a positive role model for my kids and others!
8. Being able to hide behind a tree during a game of hide-and-seek and stay hidden!
9. A smaller "upper-body" size (for all of my "gifted" girlfriends - I know you understand)
10. Shorts, shorts, and more shorts!!!
Speaking of #10...I did purchase two pair of shorts in preparation for the race last weekend and I love them! :) It is quite liberating! I never knew how much a couple feet of fabric could weigh you down. I also swam the other day and ditched the cover-up. There weren't very many people there, but it was still a major milestone in my journey. Now, I know I'm no swim suit model, but I SHOULD be able to swim without donning a shirt and pants. HA!
Today was the last day of my "60 by August" challenge. I am proud to say...I lost 4 pounds this week bringing my total loss to 61.8 pounds!! :) I just squeaked by, but I am so happy to have met my goal!! I am looking forward to the next challenge...not sure yet what it will be, but I will share it as soon as I decide. Thank you to everyone who encouraged and supported and cheered me on!