Feelin' Chalky

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm Gonna Let It Shine!

Yes...I am finally back and ready to write!  Sometimes I just feel uninspired, and I never want my readers to be bored!  But alas, it's time for an update!  This week I lost 0.8 pounds and last week I lost 1.2 pounds which brings my grand total to 82.2 pounds!  To reach my goal of 100 pounds by January I will need to lose another 17.8 pounds.  I realize that it's a pretty lofty goal, but hey, I have to dream big!!  I never thought I could lose 80 pounds either - and I did!


So what has been going on in my journey lately?  Well....something new, foreign, strange.  Right now I am dealing with feelings I haven't experienced in a long time...I am feeling confident!  It's a really odd thing for me.  Most of my life I have hidden behind this wall that I created - this overweight self.  Now those walls are coming down and I am not sure how to deal with it.  I feel happy.  I feel motivated.  I feel "pretty" again.


As most of you probably know if you have followed Christ for very long at all...whenever something is going right in your life...satan is almost always prowling around trying to figure out how to get to you, make you doubt yourself and ultimately God. You see, before, it was easy for him to get to me - I didn't like myself and I just didn't put myself out there.  That negative self-image bled into all areas of my life...and satan LOVED it - loved that I was miserable and sad and defeated.  Now that I am coming back alive and reclaiming myself and my confidence he is working another angle.  So today I am going to shed a light on his lies!  


Right now, satan is trying to twist my new-found confidence and tell me that I am being prideful, arrogant, self-centered, and selfish which translates into feelings of guilt.  Sometimes I believe it....and what happens when I do?  I back down.  I bail-out.  I stop writing a blog that is inspiring SO many people.  Why?  Because I want to be humble - it's a good thing to be.  And because I just don't know how to be confident yet.  I don't know how to make a personal journey something that's not all about me...and still reach people.  I want to tell my story and inspire people to change...without seeming self-absorbed.  I know that God is using and will continue to use my story for His glory - and that's what I want it to be about.  He is the reason I am here - not me.  I tried MANY times to do this on my own...and fell flat on my chubby little face.  


This time there was no magic or mystical formula I followed, I simply listened to God's whisper and obeyed - plain and simple.  When people ask me, "how did you do it?" my answer should always be - I obeyed God's calling for my life.  I hope that through reading this people will understand where I am coming from.  This blog inspires and encourages me just as much as it has encouraged and inspired others.  I need this to help keep me accountable and to help keep me motivated and it's a great way to meet new people from all over the world who are dealing with the same struggles!  Thank you all for continuing to support me and I can't wait to celebrate YOUR successes with YOU! :)  Speaking of which...congrats to my buddy and my Aunt for their STELLAR numbers this week - way to go you two, I am SO proud of you both!!!


In honor of their success, here is a fun (and maybe strange) culinary mash-up of sorts that I threw together this week:


Mexican Stir-Fry
serves: an army


1-2 T olive oil
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
8 oz sliced button mushrooms
garlic (to taste - I used about a T of minced garlic which is equal to 6 cloves or so of fresh)
1 can black beans, drained
1 12 oz bag frozen corn (I like Steamfresh by Bird's Eye - gold and white premium corn)
1 packet taco seasoning (I like Simply Organic)
S&P to taste


Heat your oil in a skillet (or wok - haha) on med-high heat.  Add onion, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic and saute until tender.  Add your beans, corn and taco seasoning.  Add salt and pepper as needed.  Serve over rice, as a filling for tacos or burritos, or toss with lettuce, avocado, and salsa for a yummy taco salad!  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment