Feelin' Chalky

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Howdy Partner!

Just slurping down the last of my homemade Kombucha.  It was SO good.  I really encourage anyone who is curious to try it out.  It is very easy and makes a ton.  Plus...you have less than $4 in the whole shebang and if you buy it in the store it is $4 for 16 ounces or so!  If you like sweet-tart...or are a big fan of pickles or vinegar...you would dig Kombucha!  Let me know if you'd like a start.  I am making up a new batch this week and will have a start ready in about 3 weeks or so.  If you just want more info, here is a great resource:


My sister found this site a while back and I really dig it.  She has great recipes and tips!

This week I am happy to say I sent 2 more pounds packing!  That brings my total pound-packing-party head-count to 67.2!  Woo-hoo!  I am just 12.8 pounds away from my October goal...can I pull it off?  We'll see!

I made fajitas (much to my hubby's surprise and excitement) this week using Quorn Chik'n Tenders...oh my goodness!  That's all I have to say about that...and that I would place a bet with anybody that you couldn't tell there wasn't chicken in these fajitas - so incredibly easy and so delicious!


I really think Quorn should hire me b/c I can't stop talking about their products!  Quorn peeps...if you're out there...free product would be FAB too!  ;)

Riding into the sunset prepping for my big boy's cowboy party tomorrow!  Here's the menu:

Morgan's Veggie Chili (I will post the recipe - from Little House of Veggies)
Jalapeno-Cheddar corn bread (with Veggie shreds cheese of course)

S'mores cupcakes

Fruit and veggie trays - YUM!  

Can't wait to post pictures!  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment