Feelin' Chalky

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gearing Up!

I am gearing up for a very special ISM on-the-road vlog edition - from KINGS ISLAND! :)  It shall be a blast!  I will be taping my first coaster experience in almost 10 years - next Sunday!  Stay tuned for that post from yours truly!

I tried two new products this week - both of them I give two thumbs up!  the first one was Yves - Veggie Corn Dogs.  I know, it sounds nasty, BUT they were great!  The kids loved them...I mean what kid (or adult) doesn't like to eat off of a stick?!?  They are also only 140 calories which I felt was totally reasonable for a "corn dog."  It was nice to venture into Carnie-ville without feeling like blowing chunks on the ferris wheel afterwards! ;)  P.S. - I found them at Kroger on Dixon - my new go-to store...thankfully we may be moving VERY close to it...I could ALMOST walk to get my groceries! *fingers crossed*

The second product I tried this week was Morningstar Farms' Sesame Chik'n.  MSF has a line of faux-chicken meals out that I have been dying to try.  They were on sale the other day at Kroger on Dixon, so I did a happy dance and popped one in the micro for lunch on Saturday!  I was pleasantly surprised...it was fantastic!  As with most frozen meals, it could have had more veggies and less noodles, but other than that, it was a winner in my book.  I think they have several different varieties out - Sesame Chik'n, Sweet and Sour Chik'n, Chik'n Enchilada, and Lasagna w/ sausage-style crumbles.  You can check them and their stats out here!

This week I lost another 1.2 pounds bringing my total to 77.6! Only 2.4 to get to my 80 pound goal! Speaking of goals...my goal was to be able to donate 80 pounds of food to the Lose For Good campaign which ends this weekend!  I grossly underestimated what 80 pounds of food would look like - and cost!  If any of you have extra cans/boxes/bags of food you would like to donate toward my 80 pounds - please let me know and I will come pick it up!  It will benefit CAM here in Kokomo.  Right now I have about 25-30 pounds of food bagged and ready to go...amazing how heavy 20 pounds of food is...and that's only 1/4 of what I have lost...blows my mind!  Thank you GOD for this opportunity to get healthy and start over...and teach my kids to honor YOU by taking care of their bodies.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment