Feelin' Chalky

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ISM - Kings Island Edition!




Let me just say...I had an absolute blast!  :)  I unfortunately wasn't able to get more video footage in the park b/c I couldn't figure out how to take my camera on the coaster without it crashing to its death.  And...with the girls being with us...someone had to stay behind and hang with them while my sister and I had the time of our lives (cue Patrick Swayze).  ;)  Thank you to my sweet hubby and my wonderful brother-in-law for helping out!

We rode 5 coasters on Sunday: The Vortex, The Diamondback (twice), The Firehawk (the one where you lay down), The Racer, and The Beast (twice).  There were a couple coasters closed due to the heavy winds and so we weren't able to ride them.  Also...we had some fun in Planet Snoopy with the girls on a couple of kiddie coasters. :)  Here is my sis and I getting ready to board our first coaster:


Honestly, I still was a tad panicked before we got on the Vortex that I wouldn't fit.  BUT...I plopped my be-hind in that seat and had no issues at all.  In fact, on a couple of the rides I wished my harness was tighter...kinda scary when you are able to get "air time" whilst upside-down hundreds of feet in the air.  Whew!  Here are a few other pictures from our fun day:



On one of the kiddie coasters - the girls loved it!


The girls loved the log ride the most - they thought it was funny that I got my pants all wet!



That last picture captures the whole day for me.  My husband and I had so much fun just hanging with our girls and getting to be like kids again.  I didn't feel weighed down by my insecurities or my body.  I was able to let go and feel a sense of freedom that I haven't felt in a long time.  I am so thankful we got the opportunity to go.  I was really tired by the time we headed for home, but 6 months ago, I would have never made it through 6+ hours of walking...heck my sis and I even ran up the stairs for extra exercise...haha.

On the other side of the coin...I was pretty terrified on the first coaster or two.  I had to get my ol' "coaster-legs" again.  Haha.  By the third one I was having a blast again, but that first corkscrew had me white-knuckling the safety harness and left me quite shaky.  It has been 7 years since I rode a coaster - that's a long time!  More than enough time to forget just how fast, how high, and how absolutely thrilling roller coasters are.






3 comments:

  1. So glad you had such an amazing time. KI holds a very special place in my heart. the beast was the very first "grownup" roller coaster for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheen you started talking about this, I thought you intended to bring your entire family, glad you got to enjoy it with the girls and your husband! Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time. Way to go, making to another one of your goals! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, Kisha! I remember riding The Beast with my dad. Memories...

    ReplyDelete