Feelin' Chalky

Friday, October 8, 2010

Smoothie Madness!

I have been experimenting with smoothie/drink recipes since I finally found a protein powder I like!  Here it is in all it's glory!
Met-Rx - Protein Plus Vanilla, 2 lb powder
We actually bought ours at Trader Joe's, but I'm sure you can find it around here as well.  I usually only use 1/2 to 1 scoop for my smoothies which is only 1-2 points.  Here are a few smoothie/drink recipes I am loving right now:


Almost Worth 5-Bucks Caramel Macchiato


1 cup strong, black coffee (preferably fair-trade and organic)
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
2T Caramel Syrup (I used Smuckers Sundae Syrup b/c that's all I had - not the best option)
1/2 scoop Met-Rx Protein Plus Vanilla
handful of ice


Blend it up and pretend you just paid an arm an a leg for it...and then smile because you didn't!  ;) (4 points)


White Chocolate Chai Spice Smoothie


1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 T Peanut Butter & Co - White Chocolate Wonderful (Kroger or Sunspot)
1 cup Black Chai Tea (I like Tazo in the carton - Sunspot)
1/2 scoop Met-Rx Protein Plus Vanilla


Blend and enjoy! (7 points)


Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


1/2 - 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 scoop Met-Rx Protein Plus Vanilla
2 T pure maple syrup
pumpkin pie spice to taste (I use a lot)


Blend it and eat with a spoon.  The full scoop of protein powder makes this thick and delicious!  Tastes like pumpkin pie filling!  YUM! (5 points)


Chocolate-Banana Smoothie


1 banana
1 cup Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk
1/2 scoop Met-Rx Protein Plus Vanilla
1 T Peanut Butter & Co - Dark Chocolate Dreams


Blend and enjoy!  (8 points)



2 comments:

  1. YUM!! I will take the pumpkin pie smoothie please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan! I wanted to ask you what kind of protein powder (if any) you use...I noticed that the one my hubby has is made from dairy...what is a Vegan option for protein powder???

    ReplyDelete