Feelin' Chalky

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holey Donuts, Batman!

I have officially tried (an devoured) a Holey Donut! Let me just say...they exceeded my expectations! We ordered 3 varieties:

Triple Powdered Winter
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip
Lemon Coconut Cream Pie

These Donuts were 3-4 points a piece and only 2-3 grams of fat each. One Dunkin Donut is 15-24 grams a fat a piece...woah! Here is the biggest difference - density. The Holey Donuts were very light and airy like little sugary clouds. Normal donuts have the heavy somewhat greasy mouth feel. I like normal donuts, but every time I eat them I get a tummy ache. Not the case with these! The Triple Powdered Donuts were perfect and simple and delicious. The Chocolate Chip had a very nice vanilla glaze with big semi-sweet chocolate chips on them. They were also very yummy and a huge hit with the kids! My favorite (which I got for free) were the new Lemon Coconut Cream Pie donuts (a combination of the two most popular flavors). Oh. My. I am normally not a coconut fan - love the flavor, not the texture...BUT...I have been converted! These perfect little pillows of deliciousness had melt-in-your-mouth glaze with a sprinkling of coconut on top which would have been great in and of itself! However, the best part was the decadent lemon curd inside. I say lemon curd because it wasn't that cheap, imitation lemon glaze jelly that tastes like Pine-Sol. Nope! This was the real deal - and it was divine!

I am going to order again for sure! The donuts come shipped in dry ice and are ready for your freezer. I set mine out the night before we ate them so that they would be room temperature. They have detailed instructions on how to care for your donuts in the box...and a lovely heavy-duty styrofoam cooler - SCORE! ;) I guess on April 1st everything is going to be 53% off, so I will probably order again on that day. The biggest expense is really the shipping which I believe was $15. I'd love to find some other people who want to place one big order and then we could all split the shipping! Any takers? These pictures might change your mind!






Tomorrow I will be sharing my favorite Chicken Fajita recipe...adios!





No comments:

Post a Comment