Feelin' Chalky

Monday, September 27, 2010

Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie

OK.  I am officially a freak.  I woke up at 5:30 to clean.  Why?  Because we are showing our house at 2:00...PM.  I thought I had a lot more work to do, but the reality is that it's pretty much done.  That's one benefit of keeping a better handle on the housework these days.  It used to take us all day to clean for a dinner party or family gathering.  Now?  About 3-4 hours tops.  So now I am sitting here in the dark, quiet of early morning before any kiddos wake up begging for milk, food, diaper-changes, book readings, nose wipings, shoes, shirts, and service!  You know - the usual.  Perfect for me because I need some time to update my blog!

We got the privilege and honor to host a wonderful guest in our home this week - the stomach flu.  Luckily, I did not personally partake in the fun, but got to watch everyone else enjoy the festivities.  Oh and I got to work the graveyard shift several nights in a row as well as wash a few dozen extra towels and sheets.  Blech!  Next time this charming guest wants to visit I think I will screen my calls.

This week I was back up 0.4 pounds.  Eh...I'll take it...6.2 last week is a lot.  I can spare four-tenths of a pound I suppose.  ;)  For anyone keeping score that brings my total weight-loss to 72.8 pounds - 2.2 pounds away from another big milestone...75!  I am determined to hit 75 this week.  My buddy and I are hitting the gym this week with our leg warmers and sweat bands (OK, maybe not...more like yoga pants and baggy t-shirts) for some Zumba and Pilates.  We're getting physical, people!  If I hit 75 this week I will definitely be posting a vlog update.  Anticipation...

In other news...here are some things I am "falling" madly in love with right now:

Gardein chick'n products - made from ancient and yummy grains like quinoa, amaranth, millet, and kamut - another great faux chicken option (thanks, Morgan, for encouraging me to try something new!).  You know how much I love Quorn, but this is a really good option too...and Vegan!

Apples, apple cider, apple butter...do I even need to explain myself?  Yum.

Pumpkin - So delicious.  So packed full of nutrition.  So fall.

Pumpkin seeds + dark chocolate - I think this should be the next candy bar.  I would totally buy it.  Right now I just mix the seeds with a few non-dairy, dark choc chips, but it would be so awesome to have it all in one cute little package.  If you see anything of the sort - let me know.  I have had a dark chocolate with flax seeds bar, so I know I'm not THAT crazy.

Chai - Once again, very "fall" of me to mention.  I found a pre-made carton of black tea Chai made by Tazo at Sunspot.  I bought it.  I added unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  I love.  I love very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment