Feelin' Chalky

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do You Know The Muffin...Top?

It has been 32 weeks since I hung up my life as an unhealthy, excuse-making, "fat" girl and traded it for the crazy, God-driven journey that I am on today.  It has been a wild ride with lots of unexpected twists and turns.  I feel like I have completely changed who I am and I know that this time it is for good.


There have been many milestones that I have reached on this journey and many more to come.  I have high-kicked for joy at 10%, did a happy dance when I dipped under 300, cried at 50 pounds lost, and now I am ready to strut my stuff in a cute, new pair of non-twenty-something jeans.  Hooray!!  Why is a number -  a size of jeans - such a big deal?  It's sort of nostalgic for me - being a size 18.  I remember I was a size 18 in college.  I remember I was a size 16 in high school.  Now, to some people, size 16 and size 18 are still "big" sizes.  I get that, but I don't ever remember being any smaller.  And when you've come from a size 28 (wow) it's a really big deal!


BUT...and this is a big but...I still have a problem.  When you shop for a size 28, you shop in the "women's" section - the eternally un-cute, the frumpy, the elastic waist, the pull your pants up to your bra-line, the trade style for comfort section.  When you transition to a size 18...something magical happens.  You all of the sudden are able to be cool again - normal.  You go from full-rise (haha) to low-rise.  Clothing manufacturers once again grant you the gift of style.  THAT is a beautiful thing, however, it is also a curse.  Why???  Because.  With style comes...(drumroll) the dreaded MUFFIN TOP!!!  EEEEK!


You may think I am joking, and maybe this isn't true for everyone, but it is true for me.  Here is a snapshot of the way my body is shaped.  Comparitively speaking: "skinny" legs, no butt, spare tire for a tummy, full bust (I thought that was a nice way to say it).  What that translates to in the clothing world is jeans that don't ever really sit quite right on my body.  Either they fit great in the waist and are baggy in the legs and butt OR they fit great on my legs and butt and are tight in the waist and create a muffin top.  Luckily the jeans I found the other day at Target are a better fit than normal.  They aren't constricting in the tummy area, but they still create that breakfast-pastry-like sillouette.  I'll take it even if it means I can only wear hooded sweatshirts with my jeans!  ;) It's been a long time coming to get to this place!  


I figured this was a great time to take some updated progress shots (and it gave me an excuse to show off the cute jeans...haha):


At 19 weeks and...

At 32 weeks!

At 19 weeks and...

At 32 weeks!

Face shot at the beginning of my journey...

Face shot at 32 weeks!  :)

3 comments:

  1. You look FABULOUS and I love the jeans. Good for you mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look awesome. amazing the transformation! loving the new jeans! and it's hoodie season so bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great! I'm a size 16/18 and found some great jeans last year at Kohls. I want to say they're Apt 9 brand. They're trouser jeans.

    ReplyDelete