Feelin' Chalky

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Feeding Frenzy!

I have a lot to talk about today!  I don't know about you but I am always on the hunt for delicious, easy, and healthy snack options - for me - but especially for the kids!  Lately I feel like I have hit the jack-pot!  I thought I would take the time today to share some of my new favorite snacks and tell you where you can buy them!


1. SOYJOY - I actually just discovered I liked SOYJOY yesterday.  I signed up for a free sample through a Hungry Girl e-mail.  I had heard from other people that SJ was pretty lame (sorry SOYJOY) and hadn't mustered up the courage to try it.  However...it is quite amazing what a freebie will do for you.  Heck I'll try dog food if I get a cute, free sample in the mail.  OK...maybe not, but I do love a good freebie!  My husband, however, thinks I'm crazy.  Anyway...my sample arrived yesterday...in a shiny yellow and silver package.  It was DE-licious!  I am in love!  The bar I had was the new banana flavor, but I know that they have all kinds of other flavors from blueberry to mango coconut to strawberry.  The free samples are all gone BUT you can check out this link for a "buy 2 get one free" coupon!  By the way...please try the banana first...it is like banana bread and I promise you won't be disappointed!  If you have tried the bars before and didn't like them - try them again.  I guess SJ has given their products an overhaul so they are new and improved!  Check out this link to "like" SOYJOY on Facebook and possibly win $1,000 in the process!  :)  Oh...and you can buy these just about anywhere - they are in the health/diet section with all the other protein bars and shakes.


2. Funky Monkey - I found these at the Kroger on Dixon.  The kids LOVED them!  They were inhaled in 2.2 seconds.  I think I lost a couple pieces of jewelry in the process.  ;)  The flavor I bought was "Bananamon."  Basically, they are freeze-dried bananas with cinnamon.  They are leaps and bounds better than any banana chip I have eaten, but they still have that crunch that kids (and adults) love.  The whole package is only 110 calories and is 3 servings of fruit.  Did did you see that?  3!  No excuses now for slacking in the Fs and Vs department...that's over half of the (minimum) daily servings you need!  Check out the Funky Monkey site for more info and all kinds of fun.  I added Funky Monkey to my a-store.  You can order them here in bulk or they are sold at Kroger, Marsh, Target, or Whole Foods!


3. CLIF - I love CLIF.  I love that they aren't laden with sugar and HFCS (soon to be named "corn sugar").  They make two really great kids' products - CLIF kid Zbars and CLIF Twisted Fruit - both organic and both staples in our house.  I used to buy both at Sam's Club, but now they only sell the Twisted Fruits.  You can find them at Target, Whole Foods, Sunspot, or Trader Joe's.  Target runs good sales on the Zbars...and they even have the new S'mores flavor!


4. Somersaults - Just tried these thanks to a suggestion on a blog that I love called Weelicious.  These are phenomenal!!!  Somersault snack company is a new, small company based out of California.  They make these round, tasty little "nuggets" - Somersaults - that have sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and toasted grains.  They are one of my new fav finds.  One thing that impressed my was the packaging.  When I received my order it was just plain adorable.  Different colors of tissue paper, a cute brown bag  - hard to explain unless you see it, but I felt like a little kid ripping open the pretty paper to find my prize!  Somersaults come in 4 flavors: SS Sea Salt, Salty Pepper, Santa Fe Salsa (my favorite), and Chez Cocoa.  Check out their website here.


Whew...time for a snack...





No comments:

Post a Comment